We are a self-driving technology company, funded and supported by a large corporation. Our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
In light of recent COVID-related travel restrictions, this role will only be for people already living in Japan. The location is based in Hiroshima, Japan. It will not be necessary to reside in Hiroshima, however the ideal candidate should be able to travel there. Housing and travel accommodations will be provided.
We are looking for a UX Researcher to help ensure that human-centered design and customer insights are a key input into how product visions, strategies and features are defined. As a UX Researcher on our team, you will collaborate cross-functionally (with product managers, operations leads, field engineers, and business development) to identify key learning needs. You’ll design generative and evaluative research, conducting user interviews, contextual inquiry efforts, and usability studies. You’ll lead the planning, budgeting, and recruitment for these studies, setting standards for UX research operations across our organization. You’ll lead synthesis efforts for this work and communicate findings. This role will have a direct impact on the design and experience of the products that we create.
- Collaborate with product managers, ux designers, operations, and other cross-functional stakeholders to define and prioritize product research needs
- Design and conduct exploratory and evaluative research to better understand customer needs and ensure the usability of our services
- Manage recruitment processes for research participants across studies
- Communicate user research insights and make data accessible to the team and organization
- Conduct market trend analysis to help May understand consumer expectations in Japan
Qualifications and Skills Preferred qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, psychology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience leading user experience research, including:
- User interviews
- Contextual inquiry or ethnographic studies
- Usability testing
- Concept testing
- Survey design
- Outstanding oral and written technical communication skills (Japanese and English)
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Machine Learning, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) or Mobile Applications, Transportation as a Service
- Experience with service and human centered design and leveraging design thinking principles in the product development process
- Past experience in a startup
- Experience in emerging technologies
- Master’s in Human Centered Design or equivalent experience