This is the PMO for the entire business of Nomura. They manage have two PMs that have reached their contract limit timeframe and will move to other teams within Nomura. they want to try out another vendor for the openings.
[What's in for me?]
1. Look after top projects in the company globally. Responsible for the top 10-20 projects within the company.
2. Experience with huge projects in the business (IT Transformation over next 2 years). Huge budget with all pieces of IT. Get to know how to operate huge project.
3. Main stakeholders are all CIOs across the business globally, board members of Nomura, executive level.
4. Status reporting to senior members. Counterpart works with lots of others, managing projects among all IT BU. User change management leads throughout the business.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to deliver business critical projects - Drive decisions regarding project priorities/business requirements to manage project scope, budget, resources and delivery risks
- Ensure quality of deliverables and compliance with internal procedures and policies
- Build & maintain working relationships with IT and business stakeholders for project control
- Arrange the schedule between projects with concurrent dependencies
- Manage project schedule and create deliverables in a timely manner
- Possesses excellent leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills to lead cross-functional teams and coach/advise peers and staff
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to adapt to changes or unforeseen circumstances + ability to manage budgets and resource capacity
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Team player, self-motivated, confident and results-driven
- Proficient in project management tools, templates and project life cycle
- Business level English and Japanese (Native/Fluent), JP Reading & writing requried.
Digital workspace, lots of cloud migration.
Adopt lots of tools, automation, innovation to support the new platform.
[Top 3 skills]
1. PM experience – managing IT projects, size of team of around 20.
2. Communication skill – Japanese/English (prefer Native level Japanese)
3. Documentation – project plan documents, planning documents, implementation, migration testing.