Junior Level C# Developer in Rates Technology
This opening is for a developer role in the Japan Rates Legacy technology team, who will mainly be responsible for working on decommission and maintenance of various legacy systems for the Fixed Income business in Japan that provide critical functionality to the finance business.
This is a contract role with a leading bank, based in Tokyo. We are looking for versatile, core and highly motivated developer with strong C# (not web or ASP.NET) and database skills.
Applicants should have a valid visa in Japan.
• System development/enhancements - take full SDLC ownership of assigned tasks/project including user communication, release planning regression tests, etc.
• PLSR-Off: Contribute to app rewrite to migrate the functionality off legacy platform. Analyse the requirements and implement new solution in UI technologies like C# or Angular/ReactJS, HTML5, and integrating the new UI components with strategic server side components
• Interact with the business (FI Trading) and other departments such as PC, Finance, and Compliance to understand their issues/queries and deliver solutions that meet them
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level production support for Japan domestic apps
• Impact Analysis and implementation of Market changes, regulatory changes across legacy app
• 3+ years of programming experience in C# (not web or ASP.NET) desktop based applications
• Strong database skills (Sybase / other)
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills
• Good command of oral and written English, and preferably strong / business level Japanese skills