We are one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
We have more than 70 businesses worldwide spanning e-commerce, digital content, communications and fin-tech, bringing together more than 1.2 billion members across the world. We have a diversified workforce made up of talented employees from more than 70 countries and regions.
For this position we are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. If you are an engineer who is passionate to build SMART: Scalable, Maintainable, Automated, Reliable, Technology cutting-edge systems we are the right choice for you!
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
You will work with UI/UX designers and other engineers to bridge the gap between graphical design, user requirements and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Why We Hire
We are looking for passionate and innovative engineer who can bring fresh ideas, lead the development & operation with getting the peers involved proactively, to join us together in delivering best shopping experiences with high speed and time-to-market.
What you would do
- Understand business requirements, and deliver features with high quality and speed
- Design, develop, test, and operate new user-facing features for large scale e-commerce systems
- Build reusable, flexible and performant code and libraries for future use
- Perform system improvements (e.g. refactoring, adopting appropriate technologies & system architecture, enhance JS code performance with proper optimizations)
- Bring new and fresh ideas to the team
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Good experience with ReactJS, Redux, Typescript and Jest
- Deep understanding of ECMAScript 6 and how JS works internally
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to solve them
- Experience in building upstream libraries
- Experience in building management UIs and/or portals
- Experience in other JS libraries such as Angular or Vue
- Experience in back-end as well in at least another programming language
- Enjoy solving problems in the most efficient way while working in multi-cultural environments
- Coding as an art more than a tool
- Improve with the people around you while accepting given legacy system & rules
- Work on tasks meticulously and thoroughly to cover all cases with with a careful attitude. Better safe than sorry.
- Reach a good balance between realistic solution meeting business requirements and good solution from technical perspective.
- Try to tackle proactively highly challenging issues and manage to get things done.
- Capacity to convince all stakeholders of choosing the best technical option in long-term and panoramic vision
- Have good experience in designing and creating good test cases for the code that you are working on